Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gay Paree, May Paree!




Recently, went to Paris to meet two smiley ex-colleagues, one of whom was on assignment there. Together we did the touristy thing and visited the Louvre -- did you know Monna Lisa is spelt this way?! -- the Eiffel, Champs-Elysee and Montmart, the vibrant artistic part of the city near the Sacred Heart church where they filmed 'Amelie'.

Here are a few pictures:

(top left) Joan of Arc in the Louvre: 'Ah kin hear Ya but will I listen? Ya know what I mean?'
(lower right) A (peeping Tom's!) view of the bed & breakfast where we stayed at the edge of Paris.
(above right) Eiffel invaded by gigantic roses.

5 comments:

Tunku Halim said...

She must moan a lot with all those pushing elbowing inquisitive visitors - bullet proof glass notwithstanding. :)

gRaCe said...

Wahhh...bestnya.. Should've asked u to send me a postcard from there. Am trying to collect postcards from all over..;o)

You must've had loads of fun huh? =D

Argus Lou said...

Ha ha, TH. Moana Lisa could be a more apt way of spelling her name, you think? You just wonder why anyone in their right mind would want to shoot a painting. But then again, those who do are not in their right minds, eh?

Grace, it was a lot of fun relaxing and exploring with two people I know well.
I can get you postcards from the south of France (where I'm going for a week; unfortunately the Cannes Film Fest and Monaco Grand Prix are going on around this time, so things could be pretty hairy). How about a cow postcard from Switzerland where I live? Some of them have swishing tails and blinking eyes. Cute.

gRaCe said...

Argus,
Thank you! thank you! *jumps up and down* Postcards from Switzerland would be wonderful! South of France sounds interesting as well.. if you have the time to send me one. =D

How can i give u my house address?

Argus Lou said...

I've emailed to both of your 'Net addresses, Spiff. Hope you got 'em and can email to me your hse add. Happy to oblige!

My old living-room

My old living-room
In Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

A cherished dream

A cherished dream
To live on a pale beach by a crystal clear sea. (This was taken on the east coast of Johor state, Malaysia.)

slideshowtime